Monday, January 20, 2014

Am I a Woman of Value?

Yesterday, I just realized that being able to do my job as a teacher, a wife, and a mother doesn't make me a  real successful woman. Being able to prioritize things about my job and my family as well as balancing a  ton of activities does not make me a success either. Well, Albert Einstein once said, "Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." I am now pretty sure that the feeling of success comes with me knowing that all things I do bring value not only to myself but to those people I'm working with and to the members of my family. That every time, I should make sure that I am doing  valuable things for them. That activities that I do and I am part of are done to the best of my ability not because I want to gain success but because I love doing things for the school I teach, for the people I work with, and for my loved ones. It is really difficult to measure success. Success is perceived differently by each individual. My family that I treasure most would be seeing the things I do with greater value than my friends and co-workers do. Success should never be a sole indicator to become a person that matters or to become a woman of value?

        But the questions are, am I chasing success on fulfilling my dreams? Or do I just need to be identified as a woman of value? Forget about success girls. What you need to become right now is to be a woman of value. To be called a woman of value is the greatest compliment a woman can receive. What does a woman need in order to become a "woman of worth" then?
     The pressure to us women from our society nowadays is immensely different from that of the past. I really admire the likes of women who do not feel threatened  from all the expectations and demands of the people around them. Women who always remain calm, confident, and competent when they respond to chaos, crisis, and change. In my experience, I have learned a lot of things in my journey to difficult years. One important thing I learned is that I should not let criticisms affect me. I firmly believe that a woman of hope and optimism contributes to my worth as a woman. I just have to feel hopeful and happy all the time. Being what I am indeed signifies my value as a woman.
        What do we do then to become a woman of value?

First, Speak your mind and voice your opinion.
Stand up and use your voice to say your opinion on things you believe that matter. Make use of your voice that God has given you to say what you think is right. Express your feelings while respecting the feelings of others.

Second, Do something significant to your country and its people.
Whatever career or job you have, try to do things that matter not only to yourself but to others as well. An act of kindness is not measured as to how big it is but on how you put your heart in doing it. 
         
Third, Do not just  dream, pursue them.
We are all given by God the gift of wisdom and the ability to fulfill our dreams. Do not just dream but try to pursue them by giving your heart and passion in doing things that you love. Do things that not only please you and others but do things that make you happy and serve your purpose. Set your goals and desires. Always be inspired and motivated that all things are possible and that dreams can be a reality to those people who believe. Heed all opportunities that come your way.Do not forget to change challenges to opportunities.

Fourth, Be aware of good moral and right conduct.
During our childhood days, our parents and elders remind us always to be of good moral and realize our values. As we grow older, we tend to forget the basic need to become worthy as an individual, doing the right thing in the right manner always at the right time. Why don't we re-educate ourselves again about proper values? Understand that the power of your attitude matters a lot.

Fifth, Recognize your talents and abilities.
All of us are given talents and abilities by God. Recognize yours and develop them not only for your self esteem but know them to share them with others. Do not forget that you are wonderful, unique, and valuable creation of God that matters.

Sixth, Believe that you're truly a woman of value.
Allow yourself to believe that you are truly a woman of value. Choose to be determined, driven, and empowered to accomplish all your feats.

        A woman of value respects herself, appreciates her worth and all the things around her. Embrace all your roles as a mother, a wife, a girlfriend, or a friend with confidence.Always do something valuable to others. Remember not to let other people wear down your worth as a woman by their comments, criticisms, expectations, and attitudes. Be positive and optimistic. Believe that you are doing best with your talents that will greatly contribute to the society. Building your worth as a woman is truly healthy and essential.


Are there things that you want to add to this list? Are there other things that you know that  you find important to become a woman of value? Help me inspire more women or girls out there. Kindly leave your insights and comments below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment