Friday, January 17, 2014

I'm Getting Siksik and I Know It (Weight Doesn't Matter)

       How many of you have made new year resolutions about eating and diet? Some probably promised to eat better. Most of you may have promised to eat healthy foods. And a lot promised to finish their diet plans like me. And because 2014 is already starting and the holidays are really over, I am now focused on many things I have planned for this year. Of course, it's important to consider how am I going to start off this year. Tomorrow is the 18th day of the new year and the promise I told myself to lose some extra pounds is not yet happening. I have been telling myself now that #I'm getting siksik and I know it,  by hook or by crook, I need to lose some weight. I want to tell you that my plan to lose some weight is possible. I just needed to know some important factors to attain my goal of losing some pounds. Hmmm from 47 kilos to 50, to 53, to 55, and now I am already at 59 kilos. The weighing scale is becoming my enemy now. I am afraid I would gain more weight as the days pass by. It is a little alarming. Well, I am getting so unhappy about it. Most of the time, I dodge  my reflection at the mirror. My clothes.. ouch, a lot do not fit anymore. I really have to start my weight-loss journey. Though I am not really that fat, the increase on my weight makes me a little less confident. So I need to do something about it.  It has to be a healthy living. A healthy living  that involves: 

 1.   proper exercise 
 2.   healthy eating  
 3.   making sure that everything is in moderation
 4.   spending quality time with loved ones 
 5.   better stress management
A photo from clipArt.com 

        
   However, gaining some pounds does not define anyone. Neither losing some kilos may make you a better one. Weight definitely does not represent anybody's worth. Our weight is totally influenced by a number of factors (stress, undisciplined eating, ovulation period, etc. etc). Weight is just a number. It is not about how many pounds you've lost that make you fulfilled. It is about reaching your goals. Remember that you don't have to lose weight to please anyone. No matter what change you have to make to yourself,
you have to decide within yourself. Do not judge yourself by your weight as well as you do not have to judge others by theirs. The weighing scale is just a small something that does not indicate what weight loss really means. Being healthy is living a life that is not hurting and abusing others. Being healthy is living a life that you have planned and dreamed of. Learn to love yourself or do a few things that will bring you to caring about yourself more. It is not the pounds that matter. It is about the real you. Let us not be hard on ourselves girlfriends. You may also share your struggles with people who value and care for you. They will support you and be there for you. #Siksik or not, for real friends...weight doesn't matter.
                                                          A photo from clipArt.com

2 comments:

  1. Two years ago, I was a heavy 57 kilos with a waistline of 34 inches. My endocrinologist put me on diet for health purposes rather than vanity though I admit I looked awfully fat. I had a low carb diet (to address my 3x the normal blood sugar level!). I lost 9 kilos in 8 months and had a 26 inches waistline. And now I'm fat again! I'm 29 inches fat and really having a hard time dieting although I do aerodancing twice a week for an hour... I'm always hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ma'am Roselle, I also have to lose some pounds for the purpose of assuring myself that I won't get any health problem. I am having early hypertension signs because of the sudden increase in my weight. Though I know that I am not really happy when I look myself at the mirror, my diet plans also have to be done because of health reasons primarily.

    ReplyDelete